Sunday, February 20, 2005

Memories.......................

I remember the times when my mum used to say – this reminds me of my days in Ruia! I used to immediately go – oh mum! Don’t start off now!! She’d then tell me – wait till nostalgia hits you, then you’ll know!
Mum was (as always!) right. The last week has been a week of memories coming back to me. Checking for Jilli’s birth date in my diary, I revisited all the days spent at Sacred Hearts. Entries by Nami, Laxmi and all the others brought back all those memories. Nothing can beat your school days, not even college!
A most uncanny coincidence, Byju requested me to write in his diary. That meant that I went all senti and nostalgic about those 2 years in CVG. The good and the bad, all came back to me in a rush.
Entries made in my diary by my seniors (who were my BEST friends in the XI th) and classmates in the XII th took me back to those days in my life which I hadn’t thought of for a long time. Some of the writers are much closer to me today than they were before (e.g. Byju). On the other hand, there are also many with who I was close earlier, but have absolutely no contact with now. Do they remember me now (around 4 years later)? Would I be able to contact them at all?
In the X th and XII th std., buying the a slam book with the best questions was a priority. My INTAS diary filled with entries of people who I wanted to remember was more like a complaint book with some people writing things that made me real sad. But today, those very diaries have helped me return to those wonderful days gone by!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home