Monday, June 21, 2010

The First Time…

There are a lot of firsts in anybody’s life… events that bring about some change… which help in moving ahead. It is fun to take some time off and remember the firsts of ur life… relive the thrill of anticipation, the uncertainty, and maybe the joy of doing something new.

The first time of anything, however trivial it may be, gives rise to a plethora of such emotions. Consider the chill u feel when u first step into a cold swimming pool or a shower… the first instance when the water touches ur skin is torture, but normalizes after a few mins. The first sip of a glass of hot beverage is always the hardest… once ur tongue gets scalded, u can drink easily (;-))

My first day in school is pretty vague in my memory… I think I was not crying, instead, I was wondering at the other tiny tots why THEY were crying…!!! I guess I was too well prepared for school. On my first day in hostel during my MBA, the strongest memory is of my dad’s emotional face… dad like all other dads has always found it hard to express himself in front of us kids. Even my hostel warden made note of that fact and pointed out to me one day that my dad was looking very sad to drop me in hostel.

The first time is also always the toughest (obviously!)… Sometimes when you remember the kind of fear you had when you were doing something for the first time might make you laugh later… I remember the day I travelled alone for the first time in the Mumbai local… being rush hour I had to travel in the ladies compartment alone… at every stop I asked the women around me if Dahisar (my station) would be next… he he… I have come a long way from that day and the apprehension I felt then is a joke in my mind!!!

Remember the time when, in school or college, u mustered up courage to catch the attention of ur first crush… it seems really funny thinking of those days now when u r a professional and the world around you is much more serious than it was in those days…!!!

Our Hindi movies also make a great show of the ‘pehla’… pehla pyar, pehli nazar, pehli baar dil ka tootna… reams of script are spent on these things… it is probably true that one does not ever forget one’s first crush, first love… more than remembering the subject of crush in those days, it is the emotion which remains in one’s mind forever…the tingling u felt when the person in question looked at u or the gentle ribbing by ur friends… those memories are indeed priceless…!!!

The first time one does anything wrong is also momentous… coz after the first time, the act seems less scary… I do not want to elaborate (for obvious reasons!) but I am sure most would remember some such event in their lives and agree with me…!!!

Every day brings about new firsts in ones life… had there been nothing new to look forward to, who would have wanted to get up… so let us remember all the first times and thank those events for being there to spice up our lives…!!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:15 AM , Blogger pRasad said...

Hmm..I guess everyone goes through this phase..try to get attention of the person they love.. I remember my first crush in school days.. but now if same girl comes in front of me, I feel nothing .. :) ..neways..

Nice post..

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Viren Shah said...

Nice one, Actually made me think of all My first times... and obviously first crush/love.. But best part in Life is we all ways get better in our Life than first one or our first experience [although first one is much memorable but is more laughable:-) ]

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good one...-)

 
At 2:20 AM , Blogger mythalez said...

hehe ... i was apparently behaving exactly the same way as you on my first day at school :D

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

Prasad,

Fully agree with u... i wldnt care less if my first crush crossed my path now...!!!

Viren,

ya, things do get better the 2nd time onw... maybe the roughness of the first experience makes it so memorable!

Bharat,

Thanx... i hope this time ur expectations were met...!!!

Mythalez,

:-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home