Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Naughty Kid!

Before u start wondering, let me tell u that the kid mentioned here is me. The stupid things that one’s baby does in its initial days in the world are a part of the treasured memories of any mother. The 2 anecdotes here are ones shared by my mom with me and show me in a real bad kiddy light… check out!
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Such a Sweet Kid

My mom was entertaining guests at home. I was not yet walking, but could crawl, and crawl pretty fast I guess! Assuming the safety of my lack of mobility on legs, my mom left me in the bedroom to do my own thing while she spent some time with the guests. In those days there was no kissan squash. It seems a brand called ‘Fruitamun’ or something was served to drink. We had pineapple squash of fruitamun at home which my mom had just mixed and served to the guests.

Now hyperactive me could not keep to myself in the bedroom for long. I crawled out and moved quickly into the kitchen (of all places!). And there I was faced with a bottle of sweet smelling goop – yeah! The fruitamun squash concentrate. I laid my hands on it and…

Hearing some sound from the kitchen, my mom n the guests came in to check. And what did they see… the little me is soaked from top to toe in fruitamun!!! The whole bottle of squash had been emptied and I was happily lolling in the sweet smelling stickiness. My mom says that, on getting an audience, I was even more overjoyed and started playing in the liquid even more!

What happened next? Well, the guests beat a hasty retreat, n mom carried me (at an arms length probably) and deposited me under a tap. Phew! To this date my mom marvels how I managed to uncork the bottle and decide to bathe in that stuff!!!

The Little Electrician

Since my mom was busy with my little brother, my dad one day carried me to hospital with him (he is a surgeon). I was seated on a comfortable window sill while dad got busy with his work and a nurse flitted around getting the medicines n stuff as required.

Suddenly my attention was attracted by some yellow and red thingies. Turns out, they were actually electric wires sticking out of a loose switch board, some distance from me. I dragged myself to the switchboard with the nurse n dad busy with a patient. I noticed the tiny holes on the switchboard, just the size of my middle finger. I pushed my finger in and clicked on the switch…

The next moment I was wailing in pain… luckily for me, the power there was very weak and I managed to extricate my finger in a reflex action as soon as the pain hit. The nurse was the first to reach me and gave me first aid for my shriveled middle finger.

Though I know I escaped real cheap, to this day I wonder at my curiosity which made my finger a plug in a live socket. And I still carry a small shrivel mark on my right middle finger…

[Uncharitable people have asked me after hearing the incident whether the switchboard and the power in the building survived after being plugged in with me… ha ha… yeah all 3 survived… the power, the socket n ME!]

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Again there was the time I almost swallowed an earthworm… ok, I wont to go into that… but these kiddie acts should be remembered and shared with others… and that’s what I just did…!

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 12:32 AM , Blogger mythalez said...

swallowing earthworms ... chee chee :P

interesting topic ... a nice mix of topics nowadays :)

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

Mythalez,

thnx buddy... this is just one of the topics that came to me while on trip last week... glad u liked it!

SRI

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good one and funny too...-)

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yaak! Can't imgin some1 eating worms. ....-(

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger ~ M ~ said...

"My mom says that, on getting an audience, I was even more overjoyed and started playing in the liquid even more!"

Hahaha..

 
At 1:18 AM , Blogger NiShA said...

I swear Srilaxmi.....i too had this thought regardg the switch board survivg after getting in contact with you...Ha ha....

Indeed a laugh riot...

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

Bharat,

Thnx a lot as usual... i hope u will now not say that my posts are not funny enough!

Shruti,

I didnt EAT any worms... was about to though... mom saved me!

M,

Long time no see... glad u enjoyed the post!

Nisha,

Ha ha... :-P uncharitable person no. 1!he he... really happy to see u found the post a laugh riot... yahoo.. shri can write comedy!

SRI

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Vikas Ghanshyam Nayak said...

A very interesting topic and the post! Nicely put your childhood memories...

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

Vikas,

Thanx a lot... do keep visitng n commenting!

SRI

 
At 7:29 AM , Blogger Viren Shah said...

Not so good this time, It didn't created actual scene in mind like "Shruti" and "Vicky" episode did. Felt was abrupt end..

 
At 11:05 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

Viren,

The stories are actually real incidents, thats why probably u felt they look clipped...

Will keep ur comments in mind for the next time... thnx!

SRI

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home