Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Scaredy Cat

We’ve had such hot and humid weather recently that we’d been wishing for rain for quite long. But when it came, it came lashing down, like a thunderstorm.
I stay alone on the top floor of my house, and the last time I’d spent a sleepless night was when Meetu used his ‘Voodoo’ on me!
[; - (].
But yesterday was different. Just as I decided to go to bed, the whole locality was plunged into darkness because of a sudden power failure. And to make matters worse, the lightning and thunder started, making the setting similar to the kind we see in Ramsay movies! [: - (]
Keeping my wits together with great effort, I managed to crawl into bed. But the lightning and the otherwise pitch-blackness of the night meant that sleep would be long in coming. Tossing and turning in bed, all I could do was to screw my eyes and stuff my fingers into my ears every time lighting flashed, hoping that the thunder to follow would not be too loud.
Suddenly, mom called me aloud from downstairs. The unexpected call startled me and I ended up letting out a scream instead of answering mom’s call!!
Anyway, it rained the whole night and I didn’t remain awake for very long after all. As the day dawned, the light wiped away all the fears that I had in the night.
I woke up feeling foolish, thinking, how ever could I have been such a Scaredy Cat!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM , Blogger MadV said...

U r afraid of Lightning?? What yaar.. Just try to enjoy it.. Itz how nature talks to u..
I simply love rain and thunders.. Wow... Itz sad that itz not raining now.:(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home