Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Life At SCMS

I reached SCMS hostel on sunday. The hostel is pretty ok, food is also eatable [; -)]. And my roommate is a cool gal who had lived in hostels since her 3rd standard (unlike me, for whom this experience is a first). There hasn't been any ragging as yet (!!), but the aloof seniors are making life in hostel seem like life in jail.
But LIFE is becoming a revelation as days pass. Yesterday, we had a welcome programme at our college. And man!! wasn't it scary!! Everyone but everyone was advising, warning, requesting and cautioning us. So much so, at the end of the day (esp. after the 'counselling' by our group counsellor), I felt like leaving. But those feelings didnt last long. I'm quite comfy now and the seniors who shouted at me and Suranya (roommate) for not putting the chairs back (??) really dont matter. And who is afraid of hard work?
Anyway, now I am in the lab in college because I am free till 10:30 before my Basic Accounts induction programme starts. The best thing about the lab here is that the net access is toooo.... fast. And the worst thing is, there is no Yahoo Messenger. So my chat friends who read this, please do not offline me anymore!!
Life now sems to be an uphill task. When will I get properly settled in Cochin? I am not homesick exactly, but an uneasiness is still present.....
Before ending this post I'd like to say that I'll be pretty regular at blogging in future, at least till regular classes start. After that, well, i dunno.
See ya soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home