Thursday, June 02, 2005

Bore TV!!

What does a student who has got a long leave do with his/her free time? ‘Watch TV’ must be your prompt answer. And why not? TV is a medium of entertainment for which there are no prerequisites – you just need to have some free time at your disposal and some patience.
But……TV has become such a bore today, I mean, I do not find any shows worth watching. It keep away from the ‘serial trap’, one can watch music channels. But the kind of ‘music’ on these channels now is kinda unbearable (not to mention ‘un watch able’!). Every other video on air is a bad remix of some golden oldie. And today remixes of fairly recent familiar songs are also being heard (RD must be distraught hearing Harry Anand’s ‘Ek Ladki Ko’!).
And daily soaps, God!! The K serials today show ridiculously young MOMs getting their DAUGHTERS married. Jassi is also beginning to drag with Jassi being accused of murdering herself!! ‘Ye Meri Life Hai’ which had begun promising to tell the story of a middle class girl out to make her dreams come true has now become a saas-bahu cum revenge drama. Same is the case with many other soaps which are totally off track from where they started off (hey! The handsome Rajeev Khandelwal has reportedly left the K camp citing ‘illogical changes in script’ of ‘Kaahiin to hoga’).
The only soap I watch nowadays is ‘Sarrkkar’ which is good (maybe ‘coz it is only a few weeks old!). Great acting, a different story, good casting (Priyamvada LOOKS mom, not like Prerna who looks like Kasak’s sis!). But the question is, till when…
AND ‘That 70’s Show’. Man!! There couldn’t be a cooler show! (Thanks due to Meetu!). It keeps me in splits for practically no reason (meaning, it makes me a bit MAD for the half an hour it is on air!).
I find myself reading or listening to music most of my free time. And to all those who said ‘Watch TV’ as response to my first line query, I ask, WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

hey guys!! and i was thinking 'sitting-with-parents-and-watching-*world' was embarassing for me alone!! it is heartening to know that others also have the same problem ;-)

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Annejelynn said...

I'd rather go visit friends or get out and exercise - what kinds of TV shows to do you like most?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home