Friday, September 23, 2005

Its a beautiful Life...

It is ages and ages since I blogged. Lots happened. Let me start of with the 'Salaam Namaste' trip.
10th September: 2nd day after release of 'Salaam Namaste'. We decided to go. Will we get the tickets? No idea. We decided to take the chance anyway.....
We girls got ready well in advance, only to find that the guys were late. What a reversal of situations! Finally we set off for 'Sridhar' hoping that the traffic wont be too heavy. We reached there and found a long queue. But thank God for separate ladies' line. We did manage to get the tickets. But........
The movie was too boring. The situations, though new for bollywood movies(?), were somehow very predictable. And the ending, OH!! Was too bad. Was it a Yash Chopra movie, actually?!!
But the nice part was after the movie at Bimbis where we drove the hotel people crazy by sitting put for more than 2 hours. The round table and Rupal's umbrella were used to play a game where every person to whom the umbrella pointed had to sing. It was such fun!! The Bimbis people finally came and told us in broken hindi to leave as there were more people waiting.........
The next day was my birthday. 11th September. And this time, it became too special. Really........
11th September: My phone began ringing at 11:55 p.m. on the 10th with Rithin being the first to wish. Then the others........So much so my parents couldn't make it at 12 and called up the next day. In the morning I visited the Edappally temples: Ganesha, Devi, Shiva and Krishna. Then I received calls from my naani and calls or messages from my closest friends. Then Archana called. After a long long time. This was the 1st time we talked without being in some family function. The number of calls I received realy surprised me. Maybe as I am in hostel now, everyone decided to gimme a ring...
The evening was spent with my closest friends at Best Bakery. Had a very nice time.
BUT the best part of the day was at 8 p.m. in the hostel when Prema asked me to come for a meeting. I had no idea that the meeting was actually a birthday party for me with proper candle blowing and cake cutting. That was too good. And I felt really happy as my classmates were behaving as if they didn't remember.....
That night I slept light hearted with the happiness of knowing that so many people care about me.........

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It isnt that bad, you can atleast listen to its songs ...
Just go and see James, you will feel good about S|N :)

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger -Poison- said...

:-D

Ur birthday is on 9/11 !

thts an immortal date for sure.

ladettan(bin laden) made sure of that in 2k1 :p

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

Dear Rakesh,
I will watch James, but only to drool over Mohit, the hero........

Dear Poison,
Yeah!! thanks to ladettan!!

SRI

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Adarsh A. Varghese said...

Hey, Happy Belated B'day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home