Friday, September 09, 2005

Letter from Home

I've been at the hostel for the past 2 months and I havent managed to go home yet. It is surprising as my home isnt that far off. But the schedules here being what they are and the train timings making sure that I reach home at the most unearthly hours, I never went home. But now, my parents are desperate to see me... and I am longing to see them and so I am finally going home!! Yes, the Onam hols are only for 2 days. But what the heck!! Being too sincere is not gonna help me anymore. I am asking for 2 days leave after the 2 day declared leave. If it is granted, well and good; if not, BUNK!!
So dad got me the ticket for the 5:30 train from Alwaye. And couriered it to me. With it came a letter, yes, a letter written by my dad. In todays world where e-mailing is the norm, this letter is as rare as a rare coin from the middle ages. Filled with do's and dont's for the journey and what to bring back and what not to (obviously my mom's hand there!), the letter really made me wish to go home. And a letter in my dad's handwriting may not come to me that often. So it is a thing I will keep with me, treasure it forever.......

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:14 PM , Blogger -Poison- said...

*sigh*

 
At 3:13 AM , Blogger Sujith said...

thts sweet, the letter it is! :-))

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Sujith said...

Happy Onam!

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah!!!How true.. have kept those letters that dad rote in his own handwriting after i came to hyderabad! :) starts with my dearrest daughter... and ends with Yours aanu :):):) it is simply filled with all love:):):)and for a dad who never openely expresses his love.. these are his biggest gifts to me :):):):)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home