Thursday, July 14, 2005

Accounts, etc.....

I went into an MBA with an open mind, that I would be prepared for any kind of challenge, anything ahead. But after reaching the hostel, my resolve seems to be weakening a bit. Will I be able to study accounts? Will I be able to, at least, do as well as my classmates, majority of who are commerce grads? These thoughts are just eating into me nowadays. But the silver lining is that a lot of the commerce graduates in class are day schis and I have already managed to get a basic accounts book from a friend which should help me learn the ropes.
And the worry of ragging had been gnawing at me for days now. I am somehow, very noticeable as a fresher and I always get caught by the seniors. But what with being away from home for the first time and adjusting to new situations, I have been very uneasy for the past few days.
Fortunately the discomfort eased away yesterday when the seniors called me to their room and I found myself alone with around 10-11 of them. BUT.... they were actually very sweet. They kept on asking me why, inspite of hailing from such a small town, I looked 'hip-hop' (whatever....). But anyway, that went off well and now the fresher's day is around the corner (the date will be a surprise).
Suranya and me sat talking till around 12 am yesterday. I am extremely lucky to have her as my roomie!!
Life is going on, like the highway which is smooth at most parts except for a few humps at intervals.
Ciao!!!!

5 Comments:

At 9:59 AM , Blogger Adarsh A. Varghese said...

Liked your blog. Nice work. I am blog-rolling you.

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger -Poison- said...

came here thru adarsh's blog.

ur 21 years old n still apprehensive of raggin?

shame!!!

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

Adarsh,
Thanx!!

Poison,
I dunno, all people have some fear of something. but anyway, getting over it, thats what life is about, na?

dear surya,
you've been away for so long, life has changed yaar...
gimme your mail id, and i will mail you. as yet, we dont have messenger, so dont msg me....

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger Adarsh A. Varghese said...

In return to ur query in my blog, I am actually from Cochin but right now I am doing my law at HNLU, Raipur.

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

Het,
Thanx yaar...

Surya,
I'll be mailing you as soon as i become a bit free....

SRI

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home