Sunday, May 15, 2005

On a day like Today………

Went on a picnic today with mom, dad and brother. Actually, my brother’s college is in Coorg, a picnic spot. I believe Coorg is called ‘Scotland of India’.
But seriously, I didn’t find anything ‘Scotland-ish’ about the place. The roads leading to Virajpet (where my brother’s college actually is) were so bad; one could say there was no road at all. I wonder why the road maintenance of a popular picnic spot is so bad! The sights all along the route were great, though.
But anyway, after depositing my brother’s entire luggage in his hostel room (the room was a MESS to say the least) we set off for Madikeri, which is the headquarters of Coorg.
The sweltering heat over here is making life miserable. In such a situation, Madikeri with its ‘neither hot nor unbearably cold’ weather was a wonderful change. The view of the misty landscape from ‘Raja Seat’, a park in Madikeri was just beautiful.
AND, mmmmmm, the sukha bhel being sold at the entrance was too good. I actually had 3 full plates!!
I generally don’t eat much (except junk like Lays and Cadbury’s once in a while!!) but I really ATE today at lunch. Tandoori rotis, paneer makhani, gobi and paneer manchurians; I think I will have to starve or at least go on a diet for a few days to balance out this huuuuge intake of calories!
But then it was time to say goodbye to my brother, a ritual that I hate. And this time, I felt worse as I know he didn’t have great hols ‘coz his hols and my exams coincided.
Had a great day today (except for the goodbye in the evening) that makes me say:
‘On a day like today; you never wanna see the sun go down!’

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home