Monday, May 23, 2005

Folks, I’ve been Lazy!!

Into the second week of my chutti, I find that I’ve written just one post and just started my first novel of the vacations. Now, I’ve always been kinda active, with ideas for posts springing into my mind at regular intervals and then rushing to type it out before I forget.
But the past 10 days, I’ve been slower than the slowest tortoise (?), sluggish and basically LAZY. Yes! That’s it! Laziness is probably the disease that affects a majority of people who, after weeks of hard work (modest, ain’t I?), suddenly taste freedom. For me, it is freedom from studies for at least a whole month. (Never experienced it since we didn’t have more than a week of holidays during engineering). I found myself just sitting in front of the TV most of my waking hours. A nap during noon has found its way into my daily schedule, even though it never was a habit with me before.
But not anymore. I have decided to pull up my socks and DO SOMETHING. Lethargy has never done anyone any good (wise words!!). I finally went to the library (which incidentally is just on the opposite lane!). And I’m currently reading Ken Follett’s ‘Code To Zero’. It feels great to be reading a proper novel after weeks.
And yes, I’ve resolved to blog more frequently.
I hadn’t read ‘The Week’ and ‘India Today’ since the last week of April. Got down to reading them yesterday. Nowadays I read the newspaper only to check the calendar for the movies on air. Deplorable. Why is it that during exams when you are scrapped for time, you want to read the newspaper & weeklies; you get ideas for posts which you cannot post on time, but when you have all the time in world, you just wanna laze?
Anyway, life is slowly coming back to normal and I’m finding means to get out of this inertia. Wish me all the best!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home