Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Thank You gAMe...

The whole month of October passed away with me not blogging. But gAMe made me sit up and take note. There is so much happening in my life....why not let everyone know? Yes, I love blogging, it is just that the absence of 24 hr net facility is ecoming a constraint. But not anymore..

So my first mid terms got over. And my marks are pretty average, not too good. But most may say it is good for someone who is just out of the technical field into something very different. Did well in accounts, got 22/30 (plz, it is good!!). Topped in one, second in a few others. Economics needs a lot more work though........

Just after the mid term began the hurry of Panorama. 'Panorama' is a national convention of SCMS conducted by the HR, Finance and Systems specialization students. The convention is followed by a cultural evening. And thats where I had the time of my life...

Just as my classmates decided to stage a hindi skit at the culturals, I was called upon to write the script. The story idea was given to me (very filmi...) and I had to draft the script with scenes, dialogues, et.al. The work was taxing but great fun. But reading the script out each time for the practice sessions was tiring.

And then, some of my classmates gave my name for compering of the culturals. And man!! there was a screening which was so tough! I almost felt as if I were at some music channel's VJ hunt. I got selected on 23rd 1 p.m. I was introduced to my co-compere, Rahul and we were asked to come out with the script by 5 p.m. Major task, specially since oth of us had not done on-stage compering before. ? But we finished by 5:30 and gave a rehearsal.

Tuesday was the d-day for me. The staging of my skit, and my compering. And with all the rehearsals, my throat started feeling grazed. On the 26th I had like 4 skit rehearsals and 3 compering rehearsals before the actual performance. But when you get appreciation, all the tough work is forgotten......

The skit as well as the compering were huge successes. I received congratulatory messages from both staff and students. And the shouts of Shri, Shri,.. each time I came upon stage really bucked up my confidence levels. I will never forget my friends' support ever. The icing on the cake came when SCMS faculty Sabu sir told me I did an excellent job. He is in charge of the placement activities of the college and I was elated at his praise.

I now get a lot of hi's while in college. People may say I have become a celeb (Ha! I am so modest!) But this is just what I wanted to do when I came to hostel, enjoy life to the fullest. I hope these 2 years keep me on the same crest of happiness......

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Blogger Adarsh A. Varghese said...

Oh, now that u r a celeb, Can I have your autograph, please? lol. Nice to know that you are enjoying life!

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

dear adarsh,
thanx for visiting!
(this is my autograph! enjoy!!)
SRI

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations ..

 
At 3:22 AM , Blogger mythalez said...

congrats on being one of the most recognisable face ... how does it feel to be a celeb ?? :P

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

dear het,
Thanx!! n this photo of urs is better than the previous!!
dear mythalez,
:-P to u too :-P !!

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger Krishnabhaskar Mangalasserri said...

sabu here..noted the contents..was wondering how small things (as we see it) can make big impact in others life......shall I tell u one thing srii....ur a student whom any teacher would dream for....scms never used your full potential i shall say....U try a lil more and im sure u shall reach places.....u shall ...it is my conviction...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home