Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!!

So 2005 has bid adieu to us. Looking back, I feel this has been a very momentous year for me. A lot of dreams came true, a few disappointments came my way....
I became a qualified as an engineer this year and managed to make my dream of doing an MBA come true. For the first time in my life I became a hosteller and learnt how to enjoy life and make the best of any given situation.
I made new friends who enriched and are still enriching my life with theirs. I consider getting them as one my major successes in 2005.
But then, I realised life isnt easy all the time. I had a tough time intitially trying to adjust to hostel environment though I had no homesickness. But the best part of facing troubles is that you get to know your real friends. Just as I did....
Life is still not going well. The course is much tougher than I ever imagined it would be. I was never a bad student or a shirker. But no amount of work is giving me the confidence of facing the university exams (dates not announced) boldly. All the subjects are giving me sleepless nights and I just wish this ordeal gets over soon....
The only silver lining to this cloud is my life.... beyond studies. I am enjoying each and every moment as much as I can. At home, I used to never celebrate new year. I would countdown by myself and go to bed at 12. This time I ushered in the new year at hostel.
Though the hostel timings were as usual (read 6:30 pm) the cutting of a yummy black forest cake at midnight and the feelings of being with friends at the time was really special for me.
Now I am in the college lab. We are having model exams from 5th onwards. I am trying to keep cool, but tension seems to have become a part of me now....
Lest I forget, it was in 2005 Jan that I began blogging. And now my blog is slowly becoming a kind of a diary for me, a note of my life which will definitely make me nostalgic someday.
2005 was a mixed bag for me. I hope my 2006 will be happy and great.
A bit late maybe but better late than never :-
I wish everyone visiting my blog A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006!!

5 Comments:

At 2:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year...

having tough time with studies : happens with everyone :) as I said earlier .. do read the book MBA.. will change your perspective towards studies ....

just remember that its the last 2 years [probably] of the best days of your life... enjoy it in the best way you can ...

and keep posting

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

btw .. modify your blogroll.. I moved to wordpress a long time back :)

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger Adarsh A. Varghese said...

Happy New Year! Wishing you a beautiful year ahead!

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger mythalez said...

when shall the next update be ??

 
At 5:33 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

The new post will be up soon...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home