Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Thats the way...............

January has given way to May.... and i am blogging after a long long time. life has been hectic. 1st semester exams got over, 2nd semester started, reached half way through and now i am in Bangalore, doing project work. this project is from may 8th to june 2nd, and i hope everyting goes fine as this is my first solo project (engg. projects were always group works).
but more than the project, it is the life that is more interesting. the freedom, the responsibility, the sense of being in an office, everything is really new. today is my 4th day in bangalore and my 3rd working day. i am doing a data mining exercise for my company and will do a a spot of telemarketing for them in the next week.
as i can speak the usual sentences in kannada well, it is easy to manage in hotels or with rickshaw drivers. but in bus stops, everything is an utter mess. you need to know bus numbers, and since i do not know to read kannada, it is a must. the people standing aroung in the bus stops rarely take pity on me ( a poor thing from a village in kerala, new to the city!!) and so i basically am on my own.
i am somewhat familiar with the bus numbers now and the stops and directions. my company people are extremely friendly. everyone from my guides to the programmers in the company treat me too well. though a trainee, i am getting the feeling of being an employee and a colleague to the others. and the ambience is an entirely new experience. being with young people just in the world of office and computers, interacting witht them, seeing how business gets done, it is really giving me a lot.
yesterday i got a bad scare. it suddenly began raining pretty heavily. i hadnt carried my umbrella, and so had to walk in the pouring rain. i had missed the bus i had taken on monday, so i got worried thinking when would be the next bus. after being home by 6:30 ususally, waiting in the pouring rain at 6 in the bus stop was really frightening. thankfully i made it ok as i got a bus and reached hostel by 7:30. but i was drenched and shivering and could only manage to change and go to bed......... heck! i havent called my project guide yet...
the data mining is rather monotonous, but ok, something... telemarketing should be more interesting. keeping account daily, managing by yourself all alone, yes, nothing compares to the learning that these 3 weeks will give me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home