Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Airtel Woes...

Utkarsh's post on his airtel connection gave me an idea for this post. Airtel was too good in Kerala until recently. The airtel friendz scheme which I opted for was having very good features including national sms at 15p and 11pm to 7 am half rates on local calls. There was also an endless amount of free sms available for people like me who msg 24*7.
But nowadays the things are changing. The e recharge schemes which used to give cool offers like free A2A calls and free sms have become a rarity. The worst part is, you have to recharge in such a way that your new scheme should add up to your existing balance of free calls and msgs. But my luck turned very bad this time. Not a single scheme came around my recharge time. And now I am left free absolutely no free calls and msgs since I couldnt recharge on time. I have only incoming msgs enabled now and, as utkarsh said, lots of worthless msgs are coming in.
Win a Mahindra Scorpio, download ringtone for free (of course, call charges are Rs. 6 per min!!) and such others.
Also, due to new service tax, the talk time per recharge is very low now. It is disappointing to say the least. My friends who took an airtel connection in the lure of A2As and free msgs are a dissatisfied lot.
I am on roaming now so it is ok I have no freebies. But when I return to college each of my msgs will get charged (I send lots in a single evening!). Means I will recharge soon. Is that the idea?
Morst of the providers are doing really well in Kerala. Logically, it should mean that the leader, Airtel, comes out with better schemes to keep its customer base intact. But the opposite is being seen.
I wonder whether airtel will understand the customer requirements and come up with better ideas soon...

4 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Blogger mythalez said...

aah .. finally back to the world of blogging eh .. am i the first to welcome u back :D

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger SRILAXMI said...

Yup!! u r. Thanks. n ya, here at b'lore i will blog regularly. but colg is another story.... nice to be back!!
SRI

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Adarsh A. Varghese said...

lol! I too had taken a looooooooong break from blogging. Blogged today after a break of almost 5 months!

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger pRasad said...

Try top ups if you haven't..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home