Friday, January 12, 2007

Poignant...

I have never appreciated receiving forwards, be it on mail or on sms. But sometimes certain forwards are so poignant and thought provoking that I keep them in my inbox forever. I want to post one very true and relevant forward I received as an sms over a year back: on 03/01/06.

'We Never Get
What We Want
We Never Want
What We Get
We Never Have
What We Like
We Never Like
What We Have
Still...
We Live & Love
That is LIFE...!'
June '06 to Jan '07 has brought a lot of changes in my life. As I try to get out of my blogger's block, I make a start with the above lines.
The most common human tendency, common to all ages and both sexes is discontent. Why is it that we always envy our neighbor? Why is it that the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence?
Swami Chinmayananda has propounded 'Do the Best and Leave the Rest'. Yes, above all the forces material is a bigger force, the Almighty who takes care of everyhting. And this is just what I have started realising in the past months.
I got engaged in November and thought that a semi colon had come in my Life. Would I be able to achieve my dreams of making something out of my life? With so many constraints, will I get a job of my liking? Would I be relegated to the hearth more due to situation than to lack of ability?
But I had undermined the power of God. I got placed from my college in Kotak Securities, Mumbai; a job and location which I wanted. Now I look forward to a great life... a complete life with job & family. I am content and I wish to tell all who are not content:
Believe; and the rest will just follow!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:22 PM , Blogger Sachin R K said...

"This too shall pass" :P

On a serious note,you dont really need a God to ensure you are happy. In the end it depends on each one of us. "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey congratulations for your engagement :) shaadi kab kar rahi ho !!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home