Wednesday, May 24, 2006

One More...

This is another in the series of my posts on my current project work. Ok, so my guide was out of town the first 2 weeks I was here. Then? Couldn't they have told me to come later? At least I would've gone home and met my family... lots of time and money wasted. Now, when most of my classmates are almost through with their project, I am starting out... the work... is ok. I have to call up all these companies and talk to them, trying to get leads for my company. As my guide puts it, I am like a real telemarketing executive. I also have a target of 20 leads per day, but that has not been enforced yet as I am just a trainee and also just starting out.
I am worried that my college my specify impossible things like questionnaire ( I dont need one but my college is insisting), 20% strike rate ( again, rather difficult as most are either not willing to talk, wrong numbers or not needing CAD). My college project guide has switched off her mobile, putting in me in greater trouble as I am moving forward without her confirmation...
The first day was average. Initially I was quite clueless and bungled the first 2 calls. But then I improved, and am better today.
But now, I have to call companies like Tata Motors, Audi, Crompton Greaves, Kirloskar, etc. I am tensed. I mean, these are big firms!! Currently, there is a meeting going on, hence I have got a chance to blog. Probably after lunch, I will get down to work again.
My aloo paratha has come... and 2 gulab jamuns also... c ya soon!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home